Rclone new method for google drive remote connection

Hi! Google recently introduced some security updates that deprecated the current methods for getting a client_id and client_secret when establishing a remote connection to Google Drive with rclone, and new ones can no longer be created. I’m not sure how I would create a new connection now—I tried following people’s solutions from here and here but I’m having trouble figuring it out. Could I get some help on this? Thanks!

P.S.: The error I get when trying to use the old method of creating a client_id is “Authorization Error. Error 400: invalid_request. You can’t sign in to this app because it doesn’t comply with Google’s OAuth 2.0 policy for keeping apps secure.”

@sxfan It looks like the only working method at the moment is to set up the config locally and then copy the resulting config file to CARC systems: Remote Setup

You can install Rclone on your computer using one of these binary files: Rclone downloads

The config file should be copied to ~/.config/rclone/rclone.conf in your CARC home directory.

I tested this and it works for me, but it’s possible the configuration of the Google app API could impact this.