Requested interactive jobs not appearing in queue and not being fulfilled

I have not been getting any of my interactive job requests fulfilled, and they don’t even show up in the queue. I submit a job as so:

(base) [sagendor@discovery2 runs]$ salloc --ntasks=1 --mem=0 --time=00:29:59 --partition=debug
salloc: Pending job allocation 694445
salloc: job 694445 queued and waiting for resources

and it just hangs, as if I were waiting in the queue. However, I go to different window and check my queue

(base) [sagendor@discovery2 ~]$ squeue -u sagendor
             JOBID PARTITION     NAME     USER ST       TIME  NODES NODELIST(REASON) 
(base) [sagendor@discovery2 ~]$ sinfo -p debug
PARTITION AVAIL  TIMELIMIT  NODES  STATE NODELIST 
debug        up      30:00      1  down* d10-02 
debug        up      30:00      5   idle e01-60,e05-[42,76,78,80] 
(base) [sagendor@discovery2 ~]$

and no job is there, and I’m not being granted a node. I used to request jobs like this all the time before and no issues, so I don’t know what has changed. This happening to me on both debug and main partitions.

I think this may have resulted from network issues we were experiencing yesterday. Could you try again and see if it works for you now?

I just tried and I’m seeing the exact same behavior. I was also having trouble getting nodes as early as Tuesday.

Running batch scripts seems to be OK though…

As an added peice of info, which shouldn’t matter, but I am running tmux/3.0a module

Looks like there is an issue with salloc on the discovery2 login node. Try logging in to discovery1 and using salloc there.

salloc is now fixed on discovery2.

Sorry for the delay in response, but yes it’s working now. Thanks