Tools transfered from HPC

Hello,

I’ve recently transferred over my tools to discovery and was update the location on my bashrc, but I’ve noticed that I have some problem with some python-based programs. For instance when I run deeptools, I get the error: /usr/usc/python/3.6.0/bin/python3.6: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Any suggestions to remedy the problem?

Yonatan

Hi Yonatan,

We’re using the module system instead of the /usr/usc + setup.sh combo. All our apps are installed in /spack/apps/linux-centos7-x86_64/ You can read more about our software stack here: https://carc.usc.edu/user-information/user-guides/software-and-programming/lmod

But these don’t include some of the tools I downloaded into hpc. I’ve used the module load system for pip and samtools, etc. However for tools I downloaded myself, it doesn’t look like they are available in module (I’ve checked via module avail).

For apps that you build yourself you have a few options. You can use whatever method you did on the old cluster, many people manually appended to PATH or created setup.sh scripts. You can also create your own module tree specific to your own apps. There’s a guide available here:How to: Create your own modules